OH MY GOODNESS
I feel like I need to share this with you ASAP!!!
It’s been 2 days since I’ve started doing my morning and evening routines and I already feel SO MUCH MORE EMPOWERED!!!
Ok, I know these caps and 3 exclamation points look little too excessive but I am just blown away with this whole process and I would literally scream that all over the place if I didn’t worry our neighbors would call the police this time!
I have no idea why is it or what is happening but ever since I started this “magical” process, I’ve been feeling so much more excited about my daily life, full of energy, happier to wake up and I even have a better sleep!
And especially the sleep has been my lifesaver because for the last couple of months I have been having nightmares every other night and couldn’t sleep without waking up in the middle of the night.
So what do I do?
I am going to share my “secret” but YOU have to promise me you won’t copy it.
Yes, don’t just copy what I do but try to think of a routine that would work for you 🙂 and don’t worry, I’ll give your some tips on this as well.
My morning routine:
- I wake up and make myself some tea and eat my vitamins
- 10 min of journaling (I haven’t mastered this one but I bought a new prompt I will share with you in my next post right when I try it but for now… I just write what am I grateful for and what am I excited for in the day)
- I read 1 chapter in some self-help book
- I eat breakfast (without reading or listening to anything because I want to only focus on the food)
- I do my skin care routine, brush my teeth, make my bed and put on some make-up (all while listening to some podcast)
- 10 min of meditation/affirmations/podcast – if the one I was listening during point #5 was longer
- I don’t touch my phone AT ALL until this point (or make myself not see the notifications)
My evening routine:
- I clean my office table
- Skin care routine + teeth (no phone from this point, not even for Instagram)
- Journaling – 3-4 sentences on how my day was and how I felt
- Reading 1 chapter of a book (any kind of book to turn of my working brain)
- Kissing with my hubby (ok, this one is optional :D)
You have to do what makes sense to you and what you have time for. My advice #1 to you is to be realistic in what you can do. And once you tackle that, you can add more!
Really try to avoid your phone until you are done with your morning routine and from the point when you start your evening routine. This was life-changer. Because seriously, being an entrepreneur, we just never stop unless we stop ourselves! And if you want to have a good night sleep you have to turn off this part in your brain.
Also, add at least 1 thing that is good for your health (healthy breakfast, glass of water, stretching…), 1 thing that is inspirational (journaling, podcast, affirmations…) and 1 thing that is fun for you (dancing, kissing, snuggling…).
Oh yes, and what also helps is to have a call with your besties once in a while aaaaand doing some yoga. Or actually any physical activity that makes you happy :P.
Let me know how is it going when you try it!!!